Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Are we related to this John Burt?
















Ima Jean,

The Burts are related to me, but not you... Since my Dad (Claude Davis) was not your father (as he was to me) then you are related only by the fact that you are my "half" sister. You and Margie should be friends anyway.

Margie Nejat and John Burt descend from Jacob Lakey and Phoebe Bales.

Jacob and Phoebe Bales were my Great-Great Grandparents.
They had 14 children... two them was my Great Grandmother, Rebecca Lakey (who married Levi Davis) and another daughter, Phoeby Lakey (who married Issac Van Dyke Wible) who was my Great-Great Aunt.

You can see the Wible line here:


















In comparison, here is my LAKEY/DAVIS line:


















I just read on the Internet that George Burt (husband of Dorothy Cook Burt) above, just died March 2011 so I guess it is permissible to record this genealogy via the Internet?

Anyway, I hope this helps you and Margie.

Edward C. Noonan
World's Greatest Genealogist!

No comments:

Post a Comment